برکه من

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A baby of my own!

I have a baby of my own now! No, I'm not kidding. I do! I bought my OWN laptop last night. The reason I'm writing in English is that my baby is still naked and I need to dress it with Microsoft Office, no word processors, no excel, no adobe ... But it's CUTE!

Again I'm in this Cafe with the smell of muffins and non stop music. I thank god for that, because I was becoming a fossil in home. I am over-excited for my laptop. I was shopping late at night while the store was closing down and all staff lining up, waiting for us to leave. My main concern was the cost and the weight at first. But at last, we compromised (naturally!) on the cost and paid a bit more, but gained "a lot" more. Although I was having a business laptop for almost 1.5 years, but I really didn't feel the same for it. It was like adopting a baby or having a baby of my own.

Actually in the challenge of having a real human baby and a virtual one like this, the second idea won and the desire for the prior is also filled. If the motherhood includes taking care of a child more than oneself, I'll surely do so for mine! :) ---> I'm not nuts, just over-excited...

I have a new life from today. I'll start my job search, I'll surf the web, I'll check mails, I'll update my blog ... you have no idea what all these means to me after a week of isolation from the "real" world.

Wish